Hello Dear Friends,
Here’s something fun for our upcoming Summer picnics!! YUM!!
Have a wonderful evening in the Lord,
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can slice water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- 1 cup corn flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, rice, mayonnaise, mushrooms, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cream of chicken soup and water chestnuts, if using.
- Spread mixture into the prepared 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and then sprinkle with the almonds and cornflakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated. Serves 6.
- Recipe Credit: RealMomKitchen.com