- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (Learn to Cook: Quinoa)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and/or 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 10 sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil an 8-inch loaf pan; set aside. Heat 1 tablepsoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, put beans, oats and 1/2 cup water into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, bean mixture, quinoa, peas, parsley, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, gently pressing down and mounding it in the middle. Bake until firm and golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.