Hello Dear Friends,
I am on a more raw than not, organic and clean diet. But I have to admit…I LOVE Philly cheesesteak sandwiches!!
This looks like an easy peasy cost effective recipe!! And I LOVE this sweet gal’s blog!! 🙂
Slow Cooker Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 2½ lb beef roast
- 1½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 pepper, sliced
- 12 slices of provolone
- 6 hoagie or sub rolls (I used Brat buns that you can get at Sam’s or Costco)
- Place beef, broth, soy sauce, garlic, and 1 of the onions in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low about 8 hours.
- Then add the remaining onion along with the pepper and cook for another hour on low.
- Shred meat and return to the slow cooker.
- Open sub rolls and place on a baking sheet. Place a slice of provolone on each side and broil in the oven until cheese is melted and bread is slightly crunchy.
- Remove meat and veggies from slow cooker using a slotted spoon and serve on buns. Makes 6 sandwiches.
- Recipe Credit: realmomkitchen.com