Hello Dear Friends,
I am LOVING adding essential oils to my water, smoothies and meals. Absolutely heightens the taste of all the recipes I add them to!!
I LOVE this recipe and pray you are encouraged with this one as well. I do dehydrate my tomatoes on low heat dehydrator in order to preserve all the wonderful nutrients. Or you can also purchase raw dehydrated tomatoes. Just put your tomatoes in a bowl and add your drops of essential oils to the blended sauce. But be sure you transfer the sauce to a glass bowl. I do add eos in my blended and I haven’t had any issues. But the oils can mar your plastic kitchen ware as they are concentrated.
Have a wonderful evening in the Lord,
What You Need:
2 pounds Roma tomatoes (around 8-10), cut in half
1 onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 drop Basil essential oil
1 toothpick Oregano essential oil
1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place sliced tomatoes, onions, and garlic cloves on baking sheet.
3. Add a generous amount of sea salt, pepper, and olive oil on top of tomatoes and onion.
6. Cook for 1-2 hours or until the tomatoes and onions begin to darken around the edges.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to a food processor or blender
8. Pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. For a smoother and thinner consistency, add 2-4 tablespoons of water.
10. Add Basil and Oregano essential oil and stir. Make sure to taste the marinara to see if you need more salt, pepper, or essential oils.
Note: For one toothpick of essential oil, simply dip a toothpick into the essential oil and swirl it into the marinara sauce. This will help give a flavor that is not overwhelming.
11. You’re done! Enjoy with spaghetti squash and chicken meatballs for a delicious and healthy meal.
*These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. dōTERRA products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. Pregnant or lactating women and persons with known medical conditions should consult a physician prior to the use of any dōTERRA product.