Hello Dear Friends,
I LOVE all the sights and smells of Fall!!
I pray you are encouraged by these yummy, money saving and healthy recipes!!
I received these years ago and adjusted them to our family’s needs and likes.
They are inexpensive to make and the pumpkin butter is such a great way to add flavor, cut down the calories/fat, cut the cost of the nut butter and stock ahead a little for your family!! Yummy!!! 🙂
Autumn Chicken Stew
4 c. organic chicken broth
5 t. extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil, divided
1 lb. chicken tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
1 large onion rough chopped
2 medium carrots peeled, chopped or julienned
your favorite herbs: rosemary, oregano, etc.
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper (we like a bit more)
2 granny smith apples, peeled & chopped (we LOVE to roast these with the chopped onions for additional natural sweetness)
2 t. apple cider vinegar (we love Braggs)
- Heat 2 t. oil over medium heat in a good size stock pot or dutch oven.
- Add chicken & cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes…set aside.
- Add the remaining 3 t. of oil to a pot.
- Add roasted onion, carrots, herbs, salt, & pepper.
- Stir often until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth & roasted apples.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring often, until vegetables are tender.
- Return the chicken to the pot & stir in the vinegar.
- (You can also add any good veggies. We LOVE any kind of kale or greens in our soup as well!! YUM!)
6 servings. Per Serving:
208 cal., 6g fat, 21g carbohydrates, 0g added sugar, 19g protein, 4g fiber, 621mg sodium, 630mg potassium.
Pumpkin Nut Butter
- 1/3 cup pureed or canned organic pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (adjust to your family’s needs)
- 1 T. and 1 t. nut butter (peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter or walnut butter )
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- dash of salt
Mix all ingredients together. Always warm up your nut butter for easier mixing!
Great on apple slices, toast and in steel cut oats/oatmeal for breakfast!! 🙂
Makes Half a Cup. Per Tbsp: 25 cals., 1.5g fat, 0g added sugar
Picture Credit: Pictures.com