Hello Dear Friends,
Another yummy…dare I say kinda a little …’naughty’ ‘comfort food’ dinner!!
I love this gal!! Her recipes are amazing!! I have printed out 2 binders worth of her scrumptious and easy peasy recipes!! 🙂
This is a great make ahead and freeze meal!! 🙂 Also, fantastic to take to a pot luck!! We have one in the next week…hmmmm, think this may be the one!! 😉
PS- I will adjust for our family’s dietary needs. Don’t be afraid of recipes that might not fit your family’s needs.
Just adjust and go!! You could even make a leaner…more whole foods version of this wonderful meal…I do!!
PSS-Sorry I am a little early. 🙂 Trying to be “organized”. Busy, busy day tomorrow. 😉
- 1 (11 oz) bag of nacho cheese Doritos, crushed
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz) can mild Ro*Tel, undrained
- 1 (10¾ oz) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheese, divided
- cooked rice
- toppings: diced olives, chopped cilantro, and sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, Ro*Tel, soup, milk, ½ cup sour cream, and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread 1¾ cup of the crushed Doritos into the bottom of a 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Spoon about ½ of the chicken mixture over the crushed Doritos and spread carefully to cover the Doritos. Top with remaining crushed Doritos, followed by the remaining chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over cooked rice and top with toppings. Serves 6-8.