Hello Dear Friends,
I am so sorry to be late. If you have read an earlier post, it has been a bit of a week. Thank you for your patience. 🙂
Realmomkitchen.com….again!! I LOVE her recipes!! Woo Hoo!!! 😉
These two would be great for some of the special holidays coming up. 🙂 Have you started organizing your holidays yet? I am just beginning!! 😉
You can also adjust recipes to your family’s needs. We adjust for food allergies and what’s in the pantry sometimes. 🙂 It helps save a bit of money. 🙂
Do what works for you and your family…and most importantly enjoy this beautiful Fall the Lord is blessing us all with! PTL!!
I pray you will enjoy these recipes,
Crumb Topped Apple Pie Bars
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 cups of ⅛ inch apple slices (no peel)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Cinnamon Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour sugar, salt and baking powder for the crust. Add the butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
- Add the egg yolks to the crumbly mixture.
- Press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Set aside remaining half of the crust.
- In another bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients together. Spread filling mixture evenly over crust that has been pressed into the 9 x 13 pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining reserved crust over the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until crust begins to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl whisk together the glaze mixture until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bars. Makes 12-16 bars.
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
- 1 (18.5 oz) pkg yellow cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 3 apples, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan or spray with Pam BAKING Spray (Be sure it is BAKING spray).
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs, and applesauce.
- Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Then fold in the diced apple.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Invert cake on a cake plate and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium sauce pan, add butter, brown sugar, and salt. Heat to over medium heat to combine and bring to a boil stirring constantly. When it reaches boiling allow to boil for one minute and remove from heat.
- Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Add powdered sugar to mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour glaze slowly over cake and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.