Hello Dear Friends,
I LOVE Erin’s emails!! She sends some of the most wonderful recipes and so cost effective!!
And if you have read my blog you know I LOVE crockpot cooking!! 😉
And this is the trifecta of recipes!!
Healthy, easy peasy and money saving!! WOO HOO!!! 🙂
I can’t wait to get home and give this a try!! 😉
If you give this recipe a whirl…let me know what you think. 🙂
Have a wonderful day in the Lord,
Adapted from Emily Bites
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker, 1 hour in rice cooker
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2/3 cup soy or teriyaki sauce, use GF soy sauce for GF meal ($.50)
- 2 tsp ground ginger ($.10)
- 1 Tbsp minced onion ($.05)
- 2 tsp cornstarch ($.05)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, divided ($.10)
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, cut into chunks ($1.99)
- 16 oz. frozen broccoli ($1.25)
- 1 cup brown rice ($.40)
- To the slow cooker, whick together the broth or water, soy sauce, ground ginger, minced onion, and 1 tsp of the sesame seeds and the cornstarch. Stir in the chicken pieces, the set on low and cook for 8 hours.
- When there is about an hour left, add the frozen broccoli.
- Cook the brown rice as directed. (I use a rice cooker…love how it turns out, and how convenient it is!)
- Serve Sesame Ginger Chicken and broccoli with the rest of the sesame seeds sprinkled on top, over brown rice.
Recipe credit: 5dollardinners.com