Hello Dear Friends,
This is a lovely recipe from RealMomKitchen,com. I LOVE this gal’s wonderful recipes!! I pray this blesses you!!!
I have a notebook printed out of all her wonderful recipes….and this one is a crockpot recipe!! Easy peasy, affordable and healthy!!! I will have to make alternations to fit our diet needs…but yummy!!! You could even leave out the meat and substitute or add more veggies from the garden for an even healthier dinner!! Woo Hoo!!! 😉
I pray you enjoy!!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp parsley
- 1Tbsp basil or 2 Tbsp pesto
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (26 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- Spray the inside of the slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a skillet, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add the garlic, parsley, basil, salt, marinara sauce, and tomato sauce to the beef. Let mixture simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place ¼ of the meat mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. Spread to cover the pan.
- Place ⅓ of the uncooked noodles on top of the sauce in the slow cooker. You can break them to get them to fit/
- In a bowl combine 2 cups of the mozzarella with the cottage cheese. Spoon ⅓ of the cheese mixture over the noodles in the slow cooker.
- Repeat layers 2 more times and finish by topping with the remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Top with remaining 2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with the lid and let cook for 10 more minutes of until cheese is melted. Serves 6.