Welcome Dear Friends,
I saw this one last recipe I wanted to share!! OK…I LOVE strawberries as well and especially in a nice raw, cold and fresh salad!! And I can use some of our fresh pecans from our trees!! 😉 YUM!!
I pray this blesses you too!!
Have a wonderful day in the Lord,
Arugula Salad with Strawberries
Look for locally grown berries that are brightly colored and plump. They should have the green caps attached and be uniform in size. Avoid soft, shriveled, or moldy fruits. If the strawberries smell sweet, they will most likely taste sweet, too.
By Martha Stewart
- PREP 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME 15 MINS
- SERVINGS 4
- 1/2 pint strawberries, rinsed, hulled, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches arugula, washed, dried, and trimmed
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan halves
- STEP 1 In a large bowl, toss strawberries with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar; let sit 5 to 10 minutes.
- STEP 2 In a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and salt and pepper.
- STEP 3 To the strawberries, add vinaigrette, arugula, and toasted pecan halves. Toss to combine, and serve.