I found this yummy recipe on healthyblenderrecipes.com. I am excited to make a pesto with avocado!! Woo Hoo!!! It sounds wonderful!!!
I pray you are blessed by such a wonderful new twist on Pesto!!
Raw or Cooked Alkaline Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- To make the pesto:
- 4 ripe avocados with no brown spots peeled and pitted
- 3 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup cold pressed extra virgin oil oil (or more)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp or 1 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Tweak flavours to taste, and set aside.
- For the pasta:
- 1 packet of gluten free pasta OR
- 4 large zucchinis
- Cook the pasta or shave the zucchinis with a vegetable peeler (for thick fettucini-style noodles) or use a spiralizer to create thin spaghetti-style noodles.
- To assemble:
- raw chopped almonds for garnish (optional
- hemp seeds for garnish (optional)
- finely grated lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Toss the pesto with the noodles, thin out with olive oil until you get the consistency you like, garnish and season to taste.
- Serves 4.