Hello Dear Friends,
Another wonderfully healthy and cost effective meal from Erin!!
Love it!! We LOVE quinoa!!
Veggie “Fried Quinoa”
Yield – 4 servings
Preparation Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 16 oz bag mixed veggies (I picked out the green beans and served them separately. Cuz I’m weird like that.)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa in a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile, cook the eggs, sorta omelet style/sorta scrambled style, so they are thin and flat, and then slice them up. (I used my pizza cutter.)
- Cook the veggies as directed and drain off any liquid from cooking.
- Once the quinoa is fluffy, usually after 15 minutes, toss in the veggies, egg pieces, soy sauce, ginger and salt and pepper to taste. Optional: toss in any leftover chicken or pork, finely chopped.
- Serve Veggie “Fried Quinoa” as a one dish dinner, or with veggies or fruit on the side.
- Article credit: 5dollardinners.com